Flash your PCBs and test them before soldering the board together. DIP switch configuration is below.
Sol 2 has many different features, which must be enabled in QMK. Use the file rgbkb/sol/rev2/rules.mk to turn on/off features. You must do this for custom keymaps using OLED, encoders, or full hand LEDs. Only enable the features you need.
If you are using OLED panels, you must only enable it in the rules.mk for the half with the OLED installed. Due to a firmware issue, enabling it with nothing installed will result in lag. This means if you only have one installed on one half, you'll need to make two different hex files.
To install the default keymap:
- 3.Flash the left half
- 1.Programmer: Choose
FLIP USB DFU protocol version 1 (doc7618)
- 4.Flash: choose your hex file
- 5.EEPROM: choose
- 6.Flip the #4 (Master) switch to ON
- 1.Remove the yellow tape from the DIP switches.
- 7.Plug in the left half and toggle the reset switch (position #6) on and off
- 4.Flash the right half
- 1.Flip the #4 (Master) switch to ON
- 2.Plug in the right half alone
- 3.Follow the same steps as the left, but choose
- 4.Flip the #4 (Master) switch to OFF
- 5.Plug the leftmost port into your PC, and the two middle ports into each other.
For custom layouts: